For the long night of sciences on the 28.05.2011 the department 4 of HTW has presented its own CAVE. This was build under the charge of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Jung. The system consists of 3 retrojection walls, 8 computers and projectors. The stereo image will be projected on 3 sides plus the ground.
- stereo projection
- Headtracking with Kinectâ„˘
- UnityÂ3Dâ„˘ integration
For this purpose Frank (PlayFM team) enhanced the Room of Shadow demo of Unity 3D. Most of the materials were revised, Depth of Field (DoF) was added as well as an auto focus system. The shaders were replaced with RIM lighting shaders.
The Headtracking in combination with the stereo projection gives an intense immersive feedback inside the CAVE. Allthough the way to the Holodeck is quite far…Â I would like to have such a system in my living room
This is a web player version of the PlayFM Room of Shadow for watching. The Unity web player is required.
- controlling about the keys W A S D
- F1 – menu (options for graphic performance, default settings is fantastic, full sreen, â€¦ )
- F2 – shift between â€śFullscreenâ€ť und â€śWindowed Modeâ€ť
- left mouse button â€śDrag Object aroundâ€ť (table, chairs, couch table,â€¦)
This post is also available in German